Skip the Line: How to get TSA Pre-Check for FREE!
Just a few weeks ago, news stories reported that people were sleeping on cots at the Chicago O’Hare airport after missing their flight due to long lines at security.
This has a lot of people thinking about applying for TSA pre-check. I got TSA pre-check about a year ago and it was a great decision!
Best part was that I didn’t have to pay for it – my credit card paid for the TSA pre-check fee.
What is the Difference between TSA Pre-Check and Global Entry
Global Entry gets you TSA Pre-Check plus expedited entry back in the country after a trip overseas.
What is the Cost?
$85; valid for five years. Check eligibility here.
Which airlines offer TSA Pre-Check?
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines
- Allegiant Airlines
- American Airlines
- Cape Air
- Delta Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- Hawaiian Airlines
- JetBlue Airways
- Seaborne Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Sun Country
- United Airlines
- Virgin America
How do you Apply for TSA Pre-Check?
- Complete the online application.
- Schedule an appointment to have your fingerprints recorded.
- Go to your appointment
- Bring your current U.S. passport or a driver’s license and birth certificate.
- Receive your TSA Pre-Check Number
- Enter that number every time you book a flight!
How do I get TSA Pre-Check for FREE?
Several credit cards will reimburse you the $85 sign-up fee if you pay using your credit card. For example, I used my American Airlines Executive credit card to pay the $85 fee which was reimbursed on my next statement.
Here are other credit cards that will waive the fee…
- American Express Platinum
- Citi Prestige (Global Entry)
- Citi American Airlines Executive
- Citi Expedia+ Voyager
You can also use 10,000 Alaska Airline miles to get TSA Pre-Check for free. I wouldn’t recommend this as I value 10,000 Alaska Miles as $100.
Having TSA Pre-Check is worth every penny, especially if you don’t have to spend a single penny! 😉
Some of the annual fees is high on these cards. You can definitely sign up for the card for a year and then downgrade to a no-annual fee card after the first year.
Incoming search terms:
- hilton honors tsa precheck
- hilton honers reimburse tsa prechek
- how to get tsa precheck for free