How to use Southwest Rapid Reward Points to Fly to Hawaii
Southwest may not fly to Hawaii but you can still use their frequent flyer points to get to the islands.
Actually, it is very easy to redeem your Southwest points for a flight to Hawaii.
- Log into your Southwest Rapid Rewards account and click on “How to Redeem” from the main program page.
- Click on “Redeem for MORE Rewards” and then “Explore Rewards”
- Hover over “Other Travel”
- Click on “International Flights”
- Enter in your flight information. For this example, I used Kansas City to Honolulu.
- Select the flight that will work best for you. In my example, there was over 75 flights to choose from.
It is possible to use Southwest Rapid Reward points to get a free flight to Hawaii even though Southwest does not fly to Hawaii.
However, Southwest can require quite a few more points than most other frequent flyer mile programs depending on your location (for example, flights from Los Angeles to Honolulu required 20,000 less Rapid Reward points). For comparison, Alaska requires 40,000 miles, American Airlines requires 35,000 miles, Delta requires 45,000 miles, and United requires 45,000 miles.
If you have a bunch of Southwest Rapid Reward points, this trick is a great way to use your points to go to Hawaii!
Incoming search terms:
- does southwest fly to hawaii
- southwest to hawaii
- does southwest fly to hawaii 2017
- how to travel to Hawaii with Southwest Airlines rapid rewards points
- review on using hawaii airline points
- southwest credit to hawaii
- use southwest points to get to hawaii