HOT Credit Card Offer: 50,000 United Miles + $50
The standard sign-up bonus for airline credit cards is usually around 20,000 – 30,000 miles. When I see a card offering more, it usually catches my eye!
Recently, Chase increased the sign-up bonus for the United MileagePlus Explorer Card to 50,000 United miles after spending $2,000 in the first three months. If you are worried about meeting the minimum spending amount of $2,000 then check out my eBook which offers several different tricks for meeting your minimum spend which won’t cost you a penny!
Sign-up bonus: 50,000 United miles after spending $2,000 in the first three months
Annual Fee: $95 (waived for the first year — see my tricks for getting an annual fee waived)
- 2 points per dollar on United purchases
- 1 point per dollar on everything else
- $50 statement credit after your first purchase (free money!)
- 5,000 United miles for each additional authorized user
- 10,000 United miles each year that you spend $25,000 on the card (easy to do if you utilize the tricks in my eBook)
- 1st checked bag free for everyone on your itinerary
- Priority boarding on United flights
- 2 one-time use passes to the United Lounge (=free wifi, drinks, and food)
- No foreign transaction fees
- No blackout dates; more award flight availability
The features of this credit more than make up for the annual fee. If you were flying on United with a family of four and each person checked a bag, the baggage fee would be over $100 easily! The one-time use passes to the United Lounge are worth $50 a piece.
No blackout dates is a huge benefit! This means that as long as the flight is not sold out, you can get an award ticket on the flight. You must log into your account to see the award space. My mom has this credit card and we’ve noticed that if she signs in more award flights show up.
What is 50,000 United Miles Worth
50,000 United Miles can get you
- 2 round-trip tickets to anywhere in the United States (25,000 each) OR
- 1 round-trip ticket to Hawaii (45,000) OR
- One-way to South America (30,000) OR
- One-way to Europe (30,000)
Lets say Ethan spends $25,000 a year between rent, student loans, car payments, groceries, entertainment, etc.
Ethan signs up for the card (50,000 miles) and adds his mom as an authorized user (5,000 miles). Ethan also uses the tricks and tips from my eBook to put all of his spending on his United credit card (25,000 miles). He earns an additional 10,000 miles for putting $25,000 worth of spending on the card.
After a year, Ethan now has 85,000 miles. This is enough for a round-trip ticket to Europe (60,000 miles) PLUS a round ticket anywhere in the United States (25,000 miles).
If you love flying United or live near a United hub (Denver, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, Newark, or Washington D.C.) this is a great card for you! The features (free checked bag, United Lounge access, etc.) more than make up for the $95 fee.
Be sure to take advantage of this offer while the sign-up bonus is 50,000instead of the normal 30,000 miles!